CLASS FOR AGES 2½ through 4
We believe dance is a great way to build healthy patterns for both the brain and body. Starting dance at a young age can not only develop positive habits but keep unhealthy habits at bay. Through a combination of play and structured routine, our DancingBees program benefits young children physically, mentally, socially and emotionally.
Dancing Bees Program classes will help your student:
- Build strong movement patterns. Through the use of creative movement, somatic practices and the basics of technique, students will learn foundational ballet, tap and jazz steps and vocabulary that will benefit their overall development and growth.
- Explore their individual movement qualities. Students will be encouraged to learn and experiment with all types of movement words, beginning to learn how they like to move. Soft or sharp, high or low, fast or slow, and many, many more!
- Build self-expression. Through creative movement exercises students will develop their ability to express themselves by using music, props (balloons, scarves, ribbon sticks etc.) and movement.
- Discover a love of dance. Our goal through the DancingBees program is to build a love of dance and music that will last a lifetime.
CLASS FOR AGES 4 through 5
Our goal for our Mini Dance classes is to give young dancers the opportunity to explore the technique and creative expression behind many different styles of dance. We believe that a love for dance, a foundation of work ethic and strong developmental growth patterns can start early. With this in mind, we’ve created a program to give your young dancer even more chances to dance!
Classes for Ages 6 years through 8 years
Dance Fun(damental) classes provide a necessary stepping stone from Mini Dance to Junior technique classes. Students will focus closer on specific technical skills and steps. Concepts like class etiquette and work ethic are introduced, mixed with a fun and playful learning atmosphere, allowing students to mature as young dancers.
Advanced Dance Fun(damentals) classes are for students, 7-8 years old, who have completed a year of dance at Airborne and are not old enough to move into a Junior class. Must have completed a year of dance at Airborne or have instructor approval.
Dance Fun(damental) classes will help your student:
- Build a strong dance foundation. Through the use of ballet, jazz and tap techniques students will learn the vocabulary and fundamental skills necessary to progress in many different forms of dance. Students will start to focus on not just doing the step but HOW they are doing it, introducing basic anatomy and body pathways.
- Gain an understanding of respectful class etiquette. Students will learn what the expectations of classroom behavior is for a dance technique. Strong focus and hard work will be intertwined with play and creative movement.
- Develop a fundamental work ethic. Students will begin to learn how to work hard in class and the intrinsic rewards that work can create. Teachers will help students discover their own growth mindset and determination.
- Find their own artistry. Through play and performance practice, students will take their technical knowledge and explore their own movement, musicality and creative expression.
Advanced Ballet Fun: Thursdays 4:00-4:55
Advanced Tap Fun: Wednesdays 4:00-4:55
Hip Hop Fun